Application Targeting Spreadsheet for Flow Rate
This simple Excel spreadsheet makes it easy to quickly calculate how long to run the lagoon pump in order to apply the amount of lagoon nitrogen you want. Enter the acres and expected lagoon pump or pond outlet flow rate for each field, choose a reasonable expected lagoon concentration from a list, and the program will generate a data sheet populated with the needed lagoon run time for each field both in hours and percent of total run time.
This data sheet is then printed and given to the irrigator, who turns on the pump for the amount of time needed. Record the actual start and stop times, pond level and weather data on the same sheet.
Target Run Time for Flow Rate spreadsheet (Spring 2011)
- Calculates the lagoon pump gpm or run time that will result in the desired nitrogen application rate for each field, check or set
- Print a irrigator data sheet with target run times for each location, with space to write irrigation start and stop times, pond levels and weather data
- Calculate nitrogen application amounts for both available and total nitrogen
- Alerts if your calculated flow rate could result in pump damage or pipeline plugging
- Select lagoon samples from a custom list of default concentrations or previous lab results
- Manage up to 10 locations (fields, checks or sets) at a time
- Archive and restore application target data from each irrigation event
- Check application rates during the irrigation using a handy calculator
- Estimate the total volume of lagoon water that will be needed for each location and for the entire irrigation
- Fast and easy tools to automatically complete the remaining fields after the first field's parameters have been entered
- Generate a stand-alone QuickOffice spreadsheet to upload to your smartphone for in-field adjustments during the irrigation
This version is the spreadsheet is blank:
Spreadsheet populated with example data:
Line-by-line definitions for each item on this spreadsheet are here:
These instructions for using the flow rate method to apply a specific rate of lagoon liquid manure nutrients assume you are using tables, but may also be helpful when using this spreadsheet:
You may also wish to check the instructions for using the flow meter version of this spreadsheet until a similar version of those instructions are completed for used with target run time.